Monday, December 3, 2012

The month of Movember.




The month of Movember.

I'm sure you all saw what can only be described as awe inspiring. Felix Baumgartner did an amazing supersonic free fall, we got to see some truly amazing pictures from his adventure.  Have a look at the Video.
Felix Jumps
I have just moved homes, so the new sounds at night have me up and running through the house in the middle of the night, Torch in hand, checking what's going on. Needless to say it's more often than not a wooden blind knocking in the wind, or a security gate rattling. Part of settling in I have had to fix plugs, install door latches, and soap dishes.  My toolbox has come in handy.
I was trying to change a lightbulb in the ceiling yesterday, and it proved to be a tad more taxing, I had to switch off the lights (to be safe) and in the dark I climbed up my Wonder Ladder (which is actually fantastic you can use it in 15 different positions, thanks to the locking joints function), withTorch in hand.  But I soon realised that extracting the downlight fitting from the ceiling was going to quite tough, as I had the torch in my mouth trying to direct the light in the right place, screwdriver in the other.  What I really needed was my Headlamp. To find my headlamp in all the packed boxes is another story. The response to our CK Magma bags that we showed you HERE (which is our blog) was phenomenal.  We gave about 250 bags new happy homes in about 3 weeks.  If you acted quickly you are now the proud owner of a smart Toolbag.
As most of you know we (the Christensen's) are South African, but of Danish decent, and our company logo has always been an eye-catching Viking(not so eye catching for the lands they plundered back in the day!) Towards the end of every October I get that bit more excited, as it signals the beginning of  Movember this year, we have a company team, feel free to join us and have some fun, growing a mo, for a good cause.  We think having a Norse Viking, showing us a proper moustache the viking way from way back in the 790's is way cool.

Movemeber was popular in the 790's
If you still not convinced watch two proudly South Africans, and a great Movember video Parody